Small marine craft, typically made of fiberglass, present a challenge for coating removal:
- Substrate surfaces like gel-coat on fiberglass or wood, are easily damaged by abrasive blasting or by conventional chemical strippers.
- The anti-fouling paint is often very thick in multiple layers, which is difficult to remove.
- Boats are often located in environmentally sensitive areas – making it necessary to build elaborate containment structures for dust, odor and airborne particles.
2010 or 2030: For anti-fouling paint, below the water line.
2010: For coatings on metal and other surfaces on the top side.
These products offer the following major benefits to the user:
- Multiple coats of paint removed with only one application.
- Safe on most gel-coat and on most fiberglass surfaces.
- Will not damage epoxy coating on cold molded hulls.
- Harmless for boatyard’s water catchment system.
- Product works without supervision and workers can do other revenue producing work while the stripper completes the job.